Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Healing.

It's amazing how the world can just keep on going. How can that be when our lives have been changed so in just a single moment? To our complete and total surprise, we've lost our little precious gift at a mere 12 weeks. It was really hard to take as we just had a successful ultrasound. Everything looked great. What happened? I guess it's more common than we think. My heart aches. What an imprint those little footprints have left upon my heart. I've got the most beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter who told me "It's OK Mommy, she's an angel in heaven now." Sometimes she says things that just take my breath away. I sure am blessed to have her in my life. Thank you to everyone for all of the kind words. I deeply appreciate your thoughtfulness. I'll close with a snap of my Sunshine and her elephant.


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh honey.. I am so sorry for your loss.

lreims said...

I am so sorry Karmen....we are thinking of you.

lreims said...

I am so sorry Karmen....we are thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you during this difficult time...

sherri said...

I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. I'm not sure what led you to me, but the same thing happened to us just a few weeks ago. We were so shocked and stunned, and I could have written exactly what you wrote here. I am so truly sorry. I never saw this happening to us either, and it is so very hard. I'm sending my prayers and hugs to you tonight. :)