Sunday, April 13, 2008

Here, Chickie Chickie.

It's Karmen, the Mommy.

Similar to Everybody Loves Raymond, my in-laws live right down the street. Yep, 7 houses. I am lucky though...they are great people. Sunday, they invited us to go to Breakfast on the Farm on the UW-Madison campus. My hubby stayed back because of work commitments, but Lu and I decided to go. I haven't been back there, to a UW related function, probably since I graduated, many moons ago :) I was totally thrilled to go back and visit, but this time as a Mom.

So, we get there. Get our breakfast, which I thought was GREAT, ate it under a tent, which I though was chilly, and headed into the Stock Pavillion to see the animals.

Lulu took off to the Bunny-Pen.

Here is the Mommy part:) She looked soooo grown up holding this bunny. Her pudgy little fingers petting it's head. Whispering to him in her almost 3 year old voice, "Hi baby Peter."

I could of just melted.

But for her, it was the Baby Chicks. She sat there so calm, being so very careful as she held a chick for the first time. She was grinning ear to ear. I could feel her wonder and excitement. All of you Mothers out there know exactly what I'm talking about!!! *sigh* she's not a baby anymore, sniff :( For her sake, I didn't want this moment to end.

Enter Mother With Camera. I never let my finger off the shutter. It is quite possible that I collected every nano-second of her Chickie Experience, thru the lens. These other parents had to have thought I was some kind of lunatic, with a machine gun-like shutter, speeding at 7 frames a second. Her expressions were worth every bit of it. I will remember that moment, forever.






Outside, we could hear the UW Marching Band playing. I totally had butterflies, I don't know why. People of all ages, young and old, were there to sing and dance with Bucky and the Band.

There I was, with my daughter, enjoying Bucky Badger all over again, just in a new way. And of course, the Grand Finale was our Alma Mater. On bended knee with my girl in my arms, and tears in my eyes, we sang....


U Rah, Rah, Rah, Wisconsin




A great, great morning!

No comments: