Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happiest Birthday to my wonderful Grandmother.

Today is her Birthday. She is a beautiful 89 years young. And I love her to pieces. For as long as I can remember, I have addressed every single birthday card to 'Groundhog Grandma' (which, YES, she loves that) since her birthdate is 2.2.22. She is a magnificent woman.

As a little girl first learning how to talk...I could never pronounce her name, Kathryn. So Kashern became her name. And I still call her that to this day. She truly loves that too.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have her (a very active) part of my life. All thru my childhood, Kashern did everything with us. And she was so eager to be a part of my fondest memories. (Every little girls dream, right?) Even thru college and onto my adult life, Kashern was and still is right there. I can't imagine even a day to go by without hearing her familiar voice. Makes my heart smile. I'm lucky. And my momma is following in her very same footsteps with my children. I'm beaming inside.... Thank you, Mom.

So, Kashern...I can hardly wait until your Birthday dinner celebration. I'll even sip a gin and tonic with you! Cheers. And happiest Birthday to you, my wonderful Grandmother.

Photobucket



I love you, Kashern. XOXO

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

she's beautiful karmen! what great memories you have! here's to many more!