Monday, May 5, 2008

JDRF Gala Night.

Friday night I had the pleasure of photographing {again} the
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation's annual Spring Gala.
An event to Fund a Cure.

Last year was amazing. This year...out-of-this-world SPECTACULAR! For the first time, it was a sold out event. Every ticket purchased, every table full, over 500 well-adorned guests packed Monona Terrace.

The theme...{on the ceiling}



Auction items, each donated by someone touched by Juvenile Diabetes. From diamonds, bikes and vacations to snowboard gear, Transformers and Hannah Montana goodies. This Dr. Seuss Book was autographed by funny man Jim Carrey.






Pick-a-Duck for charity...for a dream getaway weekend or beautiful Gucci watch.



And of course, the Superstar of the night, Sean! How handsome in that tux:) Sean, along with his mom, Kristin Erickson, Publisher of Brava Magazine and dad, Michael Baek, were the honoree Fund A Cure Family. All funds raised thru the Fund A Cure event were dedicated in honor of Sean, for diabetes research.



Michelle Alswager, Executive Director of the
Western Wisconsin Chapter of JDRF, with
Phil Southerland, Professional Cyclist with Type 1 diabetes.

Living proof of living well.



And in their quest and dedication to fund a cure,


drumroll, please...


Spring Gala 2008 raised over $350,000! simply amazing:)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I wanted to be the first to comment! Best photographer on the face of the earth. You are amazing. I am so proud of the evening and you capture it so well. I cannot wait to get the rest of them to post on our website!

Love you!
Michelle

Unknown said...

Wow. Just Wow. You make all of us look like rockstars. This small sample is already just so incredible - what a talent. Thank you for supporting us, Karmen!! No one could do it the way you do.

I can not wait to see the rest!!!!

Hurry!!!

Love and Thanks,

Sandy