Wednesday, June 11, 2008

UN-BELIEVABLE.

You have to see it to believe it.


Drained. Nearly bone dry. In a matter of a few hours. Lake Delton is no more. Our 12+ inches of rain caused record flooding. The lake spilled over the road. Then took OUT the road. Made its own path directly into the Wisconsin River.

Over 600 MILLION gallons.

It's a giant sandbox. You can walk across the entire lake.

Boats stuck on hoists, high up in the air.



Or toppled on top of one another in the sand.



Tommy Bartlett Water Ski Show...





Few puddles still remain.



Mostly just wet sand.



This next image shot while moving. 1 home slid face first, and 1 home lost it's entire facade. Another... completely washed away. Can you imagine?




Wisconsin River and Lake Wisconsin are certainly feeling the effects. M-A-J-O-R flooding. Many roads washed out. I bet the FERRY shuts down...debris and all.

Our county needs water wings.

Quickly.

2 comments:

Heather Georger said...

Omigosh Karmen! I just can't believe it. the entire lake is gone! I've seen it on the news as well but it is so surreal. These pictures are great . I wonder what's going to happen to the area where the lake was....

Jodie said...

Wow! Your pictures show the harsh realities of what is happening in your area. Thanks for sharing with us.