Saturday, March 7, 2009

3.7.73 at 3:37pm

Me. Birthday Girl.

I must shamelessly admit.....I was hoping to be jetting off to St. Lucia or Turks and Caicos this morning on a surprise birthday dream vacation, complete with lush tropical palms... where aqua blue seas meet white sandy beaches, and the gentle salty breeze breathes softly on my face while I'm lying in a hammock under a palapa, sipping an ice cold, N/A Mai-tai {or three}.

{sigh...} Really, what more could a Birthday Girl want?

But, on my way tip-toeing into my office early, early, early this morning to write this post...I tripped over my 3 1/2 yr old daughters Fisher Price Little People motor-speedway race track causing it to light up and blare in its highest volume 'START YOUR ENGINES'. Suddenly, all engines were revvin' and the Little People were cheering and the road course was in motion...full tilt boogie. (I think it's more my husbands toy than my daughters.) My internal home navigation-in-the-dark system was temporarily interrupted by race-day commotion, I couldn't for the life of me find the lamp to turn on to shut the dang track off. It was this moment that my new Birthday wish was for The Clapper.

It seems as though the chaos finally settled and now I am here, in my office, birthday blogging during the wee hours of the morning. I am quietly chuckling at the moment. My sleepy hubby just peeked in and wished me my first Birthday greeting of the day. And my girl, I can hear her sweet angelic purr as she sleeps so peaceful in her vintage race car bed.

Perhaps I should ask myself now...What more could a Birthday Girl want?

Nothing. I guess I already have it all. A great hubby, a beautiful daughter, a wee-one coming, a noisy household, an inspiring career, friendships, dishes and too many toys. My life as I have it. Can't wrap that. Let this be the year that I continue my 2009 Mantra.

And now for my Mini-Me party... here is an image of me (circa 1977) wearing this fabulous blue dress and my girl adorned the same, just yesterday.

Photobucket


I love this kid more than ever. To see her in my dress is bittersweet. Thanks Mom... for saving my clothes all these years. I promise to continue this new tradition;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Happy Birthday. Me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Gosh, we were so supprised at the close similiarity of the two of you. It's like watching you grow up all over again.

Happy Birthday, we love you!

Mom and Dad

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Karmen! You have a simply beautiful life!!! Best wishes for many more!!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Karmen! You are such a cool, inspirational person and I feel lucky to have met you!

The Roesken's said...

Happy Birthday Karmen!!

Stefanie said...

Wow that brought a tear to my eye! How cool is that! I wish I had something like that I could do with my daughter. It is incredible how much you look like each other. What a wonderful birthday present to yourself! Oh, and I loved reading the post! :)

Karmen Lindner said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments! My birthday was wonderful!!! I love seeing her in my clothes...just love it!

Jennifer said...

What an amazing set of photos! I love this idea.. how wonderful that your parents keep these outfits for you. Hope you had an amazing birthday!